Exciting news about DIA’s 2021-2022 Scholarship Program…
This year the DIA will be offering two types of scholarships: A Traditional College Scholarship and an Irrigation Trade Scholarship.
- Traditional College Scholarship awarded to one who will be attending a college or university in the fall of 2021 where scholarship monies will be issued directly to the college or university that the student is attending.
- Irrigation Trade Scholarship awarded to one who is seeking initial or additional licensure in the irrigation trade where a reimbursement of up to $1,000 will be given for completing trade specific training and test for the following licensure: irrigator, technician, inspector or backflow tester.
2021-2022 Guidelines and Qualifications
DIA scholarships are administered under the direction of the DIA Board of Directors and its Scholarship Committee. All applications are reviewed and scored by the DIA’s designated scholarship committee, and recipients are selected by the DIA Board of Directors or designated scholarship committee. Applicants will be selected based on membership status and longevity of sponsoring DIA member, career goals or course of study, financial need, previous academic record, as well as on demonstrated communication skills on the required essay. All applications must be submitted by July 1, 2021, and the chosen applicants will be notified on August 15, 2021.
A minimum of two scholarships will be offered for the 2021-2022 academic time frame. The standard scholarship award can be up to $1,000 per recipient. The number of approved recipients may vary from year to year. Candidates may apply for DIA scholarships multiple times, regardless of previous status. The DIA Board of Directors and its designated scholarship committee reserves the right to change the award amount at any time, for any reason. At least two types of scholarships will be considered for the upcoming year:
- A traditional college scholarship where scholarship monies will be issued directly to the college or university that the student is attending, and must be used by December 31, 2021, or scholarship money will be returned to the DIA scholarship fund. Scholarship selection is not solely determined by the major declared by the applicant, however applicants declaring a major in the “green industry” shall receive weighted points in keeping with DIA’s mission to support irrigation professionals and the industry in which they work. Green industry major courses of study examples include but are not limited to Landscape Irrigation, Agricultural Irrigation, Landscape Management, and Landscape Irrigation Design.
- An irrigation trade scholarship where a reimbursement of up to $1,000 will be given for completing trade specific training and test for the following: licensed irrigator, technician, inspector or backflow tester.
- Applicants must be a current member or related to a current member of the Dallas Irrigation Association.
- Applicant or the sponsoring DIA member must be a member of the DIA at the time of application.
- College scholarship applicant must be a high school senior, graduate or returning college student in an accredited college or technical school.
- College scholarship applicant must submit a copy of last report card received, official transcript, and SAT/ACT score(s) no later than July 1, 2021.
- Application must be returned complete with required essay and photograph, in order to be scored and considered.