Attendee Registration is now open!
• 3 Tracts of TCEQ APPROVED CEU Classes •
8 CEU Hours for Irrigation, Technician, Inspector, and Backflow Licensees
Thursday, January 25, 2024
Plano Event Center
2000 E. Spring Creek Pkwy.
Plano, Texas 75074
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|Online Registration through January 14, 2024|
Individuals $165 each
Groups of 5 or more $145 each
Individuals and groups $175 each
DIA’s 2024 Expo includes:
- Eight (8) TCEQ approved CEU hours
- One year DIA membership featuring 6 membership meetings with dinner and special programs throughout the year
- One year TXIA membership featuring various members only benefits and resources including multiple insurance options with group rates (see www.txia.org for a full list of members only perks)
- Online registrants will receive a graphite color DIA cap with a tone on tone logo (see below)
- All attendees will receive swag bags and additional promotional items
- Great door prizes
- Vendor show featuring the industry’s top vendors
- Listing on DIA’s new website membership page and Locate a Contractor
- Breakfast pastries, delicious lunch, and afternoon snack
Thirteen 1 hour classes offered in the Irrigator/Technician class tracts:
- Water Conservation and Irrigation Efficiency
- Wonderful World of WIFI: What You Need to Know to Look Like a Pro
- Flow Monitoring and Flow Management
- Foundation Watering
- Best Management Practices with Micro Irrigation
- Understanding Plant Water Needs for Efficient Irrigation
- Digital Engagement
- Q & A Panel – Irrigation Concepts, Challenges and Communication
- Pumps: Repairs & Maintenance
- Understanding Master Valves
- Matched Precipitation Rates
- Irrigation Troubleshooting
- Two-Wire: Repairs & Maintenance
8 hour dual credit class offered for the Backflow class tract:
- Fundamentals of Backflow
Online registrants will receive a graphite color cap with a tone on tone DIA logo. Cap features moisture wicking polyester, a low crown, Q3 Wicking Sweatband, UPF 50+, and a micro hook & loop closure. All attendees will receive swag bags and additional promo items.
Caps will only be distributed to attendees who register online. Online registration ends on January 14, 2024.
What types of registration does the DIA offer? The DIA offers both online (pre-registration) and registration the day of at the door. A price break is given to online registrants along with this year’s featured DIA promotional item.
What are the advantages to registering online? Attendees who register online will be able to skip to the preregistered tables, receive pre-printed badge and certificate, and will receive DIA’s online registrant promo item (see above).
How much does the Expo cost for attendees? Individual attendees can register online for $160 while groups of five or more can register for $145 each. Registration fees at the door for both individuals and groups are $175 each.
At what time do the doors open and what time does class start? The doors are open by 7:30 a.m. and class begins at 8:00 a.m. sharp.
How do I receive my CEUs? Attendees sign in when they arrive and after attending the 8 hours of classes, attendees sign out on the official sign out sheet and receive their completion certificate. Attendees may NOT have a substitute sign out for them or collect their certificate. Any discrepancies in receiving hours will be checked against sign in/out sheets and certification pickup.
Do I have to attend the entire day to receive TCEQ approved CEUs? Attendees must attend for the entire 8 hours in order to receive TCEQ CEUs. Classes offered in the irrigator and technician tracts can be mixed and attendees can choose the class they would like to attend during the hour at which it’s scheduled. Attendees who are in the back flow class tract must be in that class the entire day to receive BPAT CEUs.
At what time are attendees able to visit vendor booths? Per TCEQ class time requirements, the vendor room is open before classes begin in the morning, during class breaks and during lunch.
Will you be serving food? Coffee and breakfast pastries are served in the morning, a hot plate with chicken fried chicken and sides are served at lunch, and cookies are served as a snack in the afternoon.
*TCEQ approval pending