Online registration has closed, however on-site registration is available.
Join the DIA for 8 TCEQ approved CEU hours
Print and complete the below on-site registration form and bring it with you the morning of the Expo to help expedite your day of registration.
• 3 Tracts of CEU Classes •
8 CEU Hours for Irrigation, Technician, Inspector, and Backflow Licensees
Thursday, January 19, 2023
Plano Event Center
2000 E. Spring Creek Pkwy.
Plano, Texas 75074
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(Doors open by 7:30 a.m.)
DIA’s 2023 Expo includes:
- Eight (8) TCEQ approved CEU hours
- One year DIA membership featuring 6 membership meetings with dinner and special programs throughout the year
- One year TXIA membership featuring various members only benefits and resources including multiple insurance options with group rates (see www.txia.org for a full list of members only perks)
- Online registrants will receive a DIA embossed pad folio.
- All attendees will receive an imprinted multi-tool pen and reusable shopper tote.
- Great door prizes
- Vendor show featuring the industry’s top vendors
- Listing on DIA’s new website membership page and Locate a Contractor
- Breakfast pastries, delicious lunch, and afternoon snack
1 hour classes offered in the Irrigator/Technician class tracts:
- Pressure Reduction/Regulation
- Controller Scheduling
- Backflow for Irrigators
- Backflow Troubleshooting
- The Future of Water in Texas
- Optimising Irrigation to Improve Plant Health
- Efficient Irrigation & Best Management Practices
- Profitable Business Practices
- Updates in Turfgrass Science & Implications for Irrigation Scheduling
- Eliminating Concrete Thrust Blocks by Using Joint Restraints
- Safety Challenges & Issues Irrigators Face
- Two Wire Troubleshooting
- Electrical Troubleshooting
8 hour dual credit class offered for the Backflow class tract:
- Confined Space Safety & Awareness
What types of registration does the DIA offer? The DIA offers both online (pre-registration) and registration the day of at the door. A price break is given to online registrants along with this year’s featured DIA promotional item*.
What are the advantages to registering online? Attendees who register online will be able to skip to the preregistered tables, receive pre-printed badge and certificate, and will receive DIA’s online registrant promo item (see below).
How much does the Expo cost for attendees? Individual attendees can register online for $150 while groups of five or more can register for $135 each. Registration fees at the door for both individuals and groups are $165 each.
At what time do the doors open and what time does class start? The doors are open by 7:30 a.m. and class begins at 8:00 a.m. sharp.
How do I receive my CEUs? Attendees sign in when they arrive and after attending the 8 hours of classes, attendees sign out on the official sign out sheet and receive their completion certificate. Attendees may NOT have a substitute sign out for them or collect their certificate. Any discrepancies in receiving hours will be checked against sign in/out sheets and certification pickup.
Do I have to attend the entire day to receive TCEQ approved CEUs? Attendees must attend for the entire 8 hours in order to receive TCEQ CEUs. Classes offered in the irrigator and technician tracts can be mixed and attendees can choose the class they would like to attend during the hour at which it’s scheduled. Attendees who are in the back flow class tract must be in that class the entire day to receive BPAT CEUs.
At what time are attendees able to visit vendor booths? Per TCEQ class time requirements, the vendor room is open before classes begin in the morning, during class breaks and during lunch.
Will you be serving food? Coffee and breakfast pastries are served in the morning, a hot plate with chicken fried chicken and sides are served at lunch, and cookies are served as a snack in t