Guidelines and Qualifications
DIA scholarships are administered under the direction of the DIA Board of Directors and its Scholarship Committee. All applications are reviewed and scored by the DIA’s designated scholarship committee, and recipients are selected by the DIA Board of Directors or designated scholarship committee. Applicants will be selected based on membership status and longevity of sponsoring DIA member, career goals or course of study, financial need, previous academic record, as well as on demonstrated communication skills on the required essay. All applications must be submitted by May 1, 2019, and the chosen applicants will be notified on August 1, 2019.
The standard scholarship award can be up to $1,000 per recipient for that school year. The number of approved recipients may vary from year to year. Candidates may apply for DIA scholarships multiple times, regardless of previous status. The DIA Board of Directors and its designated scholarship committee reserves the right to change the award amount at any time, for any reason. Scholarship awards will be issued directly to the college or university that the student is attending, and must be used by December 31, 2019, or scholarship money will be returned to the DIA scholarship fund. Two scholarships for the 2019-2020 school year in the amount of $1,000 per scholarship will be awarded. Scholarships will be awarded to those who have declared a major course of study in the “green industry”. Green industry major courses of study examples include but are not limited to Landscape Irrigation, Agricultural Irrigation, Landscape Management, and Landscape Irrigation Design. If questionable, final determination on whether a major course of study qualifies for the green industry will be made by the DIA Board of Directors and its designated scholarship committee.
- Applicant must be a current member or related to a current member of the Dallas Irrigation Association.
- Applicant must be a high school senior or returning college student in an accredited college or technical school.
- Applicant or the sponsoring DIA member must have been a member of the DIA for at least 12 months prior to the scholarship application deadline of May 1, 2019.
- Applicant must submit a copy of last report card received, official transcript, and SAT/ACT score(s) no later than June 30, 2019.
- Application must be returned complete with required essay and photograph, in order to be scored and considered.